Motherboard Tests and POST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
AS some may have noticed, I have been having lots of trouble with my PC for a few weeks now. To cut a long story short, with power to the PSU the PC will not start when the button is pressed. No fans, no nothing. This has changed from a couple of weeks ago (got worse) whebn the PC would start as long as the power was left connected to the PSU, or the PC was switched on and left for 20 mins before pressing the start button had any effect.

The only way to get it to start now is to frig power to the fans etc. by bridging on the MB header, everything starts up and after a few cycles of restarts the PC beeps once (when it sends Signal to monitor), fires up and runs perfectly normally. At this point the bridge can be removed and normal operation persists.

Previous ramblings are on another post:

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic28609.html

After eliminating most things I decided to change the PSU as that seemed the most obvious solution. Probably guessed that this didn't work. I do not have any power problems now (600W PSU), but anyone need a 400W dual fan??

So whats left?...............Motherboard
But if the PC runs normally (including 5 hrs of video rendering yesterday with no hickups) what is stopping it starting? It is not asking the PSU to start for soome reason.....but I don't know why>
I like this board, even though its a few years old now so any ideas gratefully receivd

PLEASE HELP

Reminder of system:
MSI KT3 Ultra2 Motherboard
AMD Athlon XP2000+ CPU (Palomino Core)
640MB PC2100 RAM (2x256MB + 1x128MB)
2 x 60 GB Hard drives
DVD R/RW
DVD Reader
Radeon 9200SE Graphics (128MB)
Firewire ? Ethernet, etc.....

Status
Not open for further replies.