Motherboard Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiders

Im thinking about upgrading my mobo but i dont know much about doing this so far so im worried it wont be compatible with anything, (hd, power, disk drive, and so on) and i dont wanna have to replace everything. how can i be sure it will be compatible? (its kinda old, 2003 i think, has only PCI and DDR, but has a pentuim four 2.4gigahertz) it says Glendale Motherboard, idk specifics.

What other hardware do you have, or are planning to use with the new motherboard? Things like, hard drive type (IDE, SATA)... Power supply size in Watts. Your memory is probably DDR PC2100...

Yeh.. not much at the moment, dont have specific specs because not on my comp, will have to get them which could take a day or two. and im not to sure how to check detailed specifics on Ram, HDD, or power supply.

Because of the age of your system, you might want to upgrade your memory and power supply. The P4 CPU, and your IDE hard drive should be ok to reuse.

What motherboard are you trying to replace?

i just upgraded from 512 to 768 ram, how much would a power supply put me back for one that is good enought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back