Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want to use the same processor and memory, but use a different/better motherboard?
If so, I must tell you your hard drive, though good, will not work on a new motherboard, unless you also install a version of Windows that is not OEM, and not academic.
This W-3052 was purchased at Wal-Mart or Sams Club, correct?
Give us the part number or model number off the current motherboard. You can find it near the center of the board, or with an inventory by the free Belarc Advisor or the free Everest Home.
This is needed so we can help you select a board that will work with that equipment.
If that is not critical, give us a budget, and we will recommend some of the best within that price range.

i hope this is the part number its a upc code c255334624 k7mnf-64 and yes it was purchased at walmart.as far as price 45 to 75 dollars. thanks

That motherboard was made by the FIC motherboard company of America... founded in 1980. We will be back in the morning with some recommendations for your FIC K7MNF-64 replacement.

Here is what I belive is your current configuration, and possibilities:

FIC K7MNF-64 nVidia nForce 2 Socket A mATX Motherboard with nVidia nForce 2 Chipset.

Socket A processor socket for AMD Duron, AMD Athlon XP, and AMD Sempron processors.
The mATX form factor (also called micro-ATX or uATX) has 20-pin ATX power connector and 4-pin ATX12V power connector

It will handle 266/333/400 MHz Front Side Bus (FSB) cpus and memory
Supports up to 2 GB RAM 266/333/400 (aka: PC2100/PC2700/PC3200)
Two (2) IDE controllers, and a floppy controller
Integrated video
Realtek ALC655 AC'97 audio codec
Integrated 10/100 Ethernet controller

Expansion Slots:
One (1) 4x/8x AGP slot
Three (3) PCI slots
Two (2) 184-pin DIMM slots

I/O Ports:
Two (2) PS/2 ports
One (1) 9-pin standard serial port
One (1) 25-pin standard parallel port
Eight (8) USB ports (four on back and four via header)
One (1) RJ-45 standard Ethernet jack
Line-in, microphone and line-out jacks

Supported Processors (do you know which one you have?)
AMD Duron 1.6 - 1.8 GHz with 266 MHz FSB
Athlon XP Palomino Core: 1500+ - 2100+ with 266 MHz FSB
Athlon XP Thoroughbred Core: 1700+ - 2700+ with 266/333 MHz FSB
Athlon XP Barton Core: 2500+ - 3200+ with 333/400 MHz FSB
AMD Sempron 3000 + and up

Look on www.tigerdirect.com, www.directron.com, www.newegg.com, www.outpost.com, www.techdepot.com, www.cdw.com, www.pcmall.com, www.pcconnections.com, www.krex.com, and other such sites.

It is actually a board old enough that you might do better, and cheaper, starting over.
Search each of the above sites for motherboard/cpu combos... Then check back with us for which are deals and which should be avoided.

More in the morning.

Ill tell you which motherboard.The Fic K7MNF-64 From Pricewatch.com.Or Look it up on Google you'll find one identical somewhere.Mine is fast as lightning with an outdated AMD DURON 1.8 and a gig of pc2700. It Runs games like Gothic 3, NWN 2, Oblivion, UT 2004, even new title Overlord.(SO MUCH FOR COMPUTER GENIOUS,S BOGUS CACHE THEORY).Fact is Dont change it its excellent and will hold a 3 gig processor and either 2 or 3 gigs pc3200 400mhz FSB. http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=K7MNF-64-WB&cat=MBB UH just found a link 37.99

Oh i forgot it will Fit Perfectly like your old one because its not rectangular its square.

And it's out of stock...:confused:

I've pretty much given up on finding socket A replacement boards these days. Does anybody stock them? But it's interesting to hear that you still get good gaming out of it, brwen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back