Motherboards: Which brands do you like? (PART 1)

Which brands of motherboards have you had GOOD experiences with?

• Abit USA

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Albatron USA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aopen

• Asrock

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Asus

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Biostar

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Cooler Master

• DFI

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • ECS

• Epox

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

korrupt

Basically i'm doing some research on brandnames. All you have to do is submit your vote/s but it would be appreciated if you can provide a reason for liking that brand. Please dont say which ones you don't like since I will make a thread on that also.

This is PART 1 because I can only post 10 poll options at a time and there are almost 30 well known brands.Please note that these are in alphabetical order. If you take the time to vote on this Poll, also please take the time to vote on PART 2 and PART 3 .

Regards,

Korrupt

Voted for 2 here. Abit and Asus.
I was using an Abit NF7-S for about 14 months. I have to say, it was fast and sooooo overclockable. On the downside tho, the bios was a little complex for the level of overclocking experience i was at at the time.

It was a good, reliable, robust, and cheap mobo (it was only £37 brand new) and the one and only reason i don't still use it is that i have now gone to 64bit.

My second vote was Asus as i am using a K8V-X right now. It has never let me down so far. I was a bit skeptical of it to start with because of its via chipset, but i have to say its given me no problems recently. It belonged to a friend before i had it and he did have problems with it. He gave me the board, processor and ram. It bsoded on me a couple of times then asus released some new drivers and a bios update and its been fine ever since.

Thanks for everyones reply and/or vote. Another week or so and I'll have a good table of results. As you may or may not be aware, you are able to vote more than once.

Thanks especially to Rik for making such a detailed post.

Regards,

Korrupt

It looks like ASUS, Abit USA and Gigabyte are the clear winners so far!

Thanks again to everyone for voting.

Regards,

Korrupt

Gigabyte is great. Asus is alright. DFI isn't the best but it has great caps on it. I've never seen a DFI die personally, but I've been though several other motherboards. MSI has bad caps all the time, great motherboards if you get a good one but they usually screw up fast. If I were to say I would recommend any motherboard it would be a Gigabyte now that Soyo is seems to dropped off the face of the earth. My old favorite was Soyo (but that may be because I love Dragons and stuff, and they make dragon motherboards. Lol.)

I persoanlly only buy motherboards from Asus, Gigabyte and Intel. Ive had 3 gigabyte motherboards of which one died after 35000 hours of continuous operation snapping 4 years. I currently have an Intel motherboard which I am very happy with:D. Ive never had an Asus motherboard, but all other Asus hardware I've been very happy with.

Regards,

Korrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back