Motorola introduces a trio of new smartphones covering all price points

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Motorola on Tuesday announced a trio of new smartphones under its Moto brand. The Moto X Style, the Moto X Play and the Moto G 2015 each target different segments of buyers and will arrive in a staggered release over the coming months.

The Moto X Style is the flagship device. It packs a 5.7-inch display operating at 2,560 x 1,440 (515 PPI) that’s powered by a six-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 SoC clocked at 1.8GHz alongside 3GB of RAM. It includes a 21-megapixel rear-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture lens and dual-LED flash, a 5-megapixel shooter up front and up to 64GB of storage.

The Moto X Play, meanwhile, falls into the upper- to mid-range category. It features a slightly smaller 5.5-inch 1080p display (401 PPI) that’s powered by Qualcomm’s 615 eight-core chip clocked at 1.7GHz with 2GB of RAM. It, too, features a 21-megapixel rear camera, a 5-megapixel selfie cam and half the storage at 32GB.

The Moto G 2015 is destined for budget-conscious shoppers. It ships with a 5-inch, 1,280 x 720 display (294 PPI) driven by a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 SoC ticking along at 1.4GHz with 2GB of RAM to work with. There’s a 13-megapixel camera around back, a 5-megapixel forward-looking camera and 16GB of onboard storage.

All handsets will ship with Android 5.1 Lollipop and include expansion slots to boost local storage capacity.

The Moto G 2015 is available starting today at $179.99 while the Moto X Play will be available starting next month across Europe, Latin America and Canada (notice that it isn’t coming to the US). The Moto X Style is destined for Europe, Latin America and North America as of September and starts at $399.99.

Permalink to story.

Just a couple of things...in the US the Moto X Style is going to be called the Moto X Pure, so don't be confused by the name when it comes out. Also, not mentioned, is that there is going to be a single unlocked variant that will work on all major carriers and various MVNOs as it will have all needed radio bands built into it.

That is very interesting, You are an overly
professional blogger. I have joined your feed and look ahead to searching for extra
of your wonderful post

Very nice! I like it. I'd like to be on the same level with your blogging skills. I just need some time with it, but so far I'm enjoying it.

Back