TechSpot

Motorola takes customization to the next level with Moto X

By Shawn Knight
Aug 1, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. It’s been two full years since Google publically announced intentions to purchase Motorola Mobility in a move that CEO Larry Page said would “supercharge the Android ecosystem.” Motorola has launched a handful of smartphones since the summer of 2011 but...

Read more

2. mosu

mosu TS Enthusiast Posts: 312   +13

The package looks ok, but sorry! No microSD=No deal!

3. Khanonate

Khanonate TS Member Posts: 96   +8

Please put it on Google Play....

4. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,082   +920

The Moto X is great. Too bad it doesnt have a SD card slot and a high resolution like the competitors. Also, it kind of looks a bit cheap and the sensor placement at the top of the phone looks odd.

5. PCNP543

PCNP543 TS Rookie

So much hype, so much promise, so many disappointments.

The exclusive deals ruin what should have been a great launch. I'm not switching carriers just to customize a phone. And with no SD card AND a model with a reasonable amount of storage exclusive to one carrier... total, utter fail.

Google seriously needs to get over their SD card phobia. And if they want to make any measurable difference, they need to stop exclusivity.

I was very interested in this, but now, I could care less.

6. No SD card. That kinda hurts. Also, forgive me if I missed it in the article, but does the phone come rooted and with a SIM card slot? My hope with the Google phone was 'open' for me to use how I want. The exclusivity has me concerned. Am I going to get a phone with a bunch of bloatware that I will end up voiding my contract by rooting in order to clean it up?

7. Hope most of the software customization's show up in next Nexus 4.

8. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,082   +920

I think the SD card slots thickness will take away from that "ergonomic feel" lol.

9. McNasty

McNasty TS Rookie Posts: 33

I'll keep my Droid Razer Maxx HD....that is wack.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.