Motorola V300 shows no bars

Status
Not open for further replies.

erwin1978

I have a Motorola V300 cellphone that's out of service for a year now. I would like to sell it and I checked to make sure it's operational. I noticed that the antenna signal is not showing any bars. Does this mean the phone is damaged? Shouldn't it at least s how some bars?

Also, when I sell the phone do I give my sim card away as well or should I keep it?

when you checked it, is it with that sim card that came with it or is it with a different one.. if it is with the original sim card you need to make sure it is still active with the telco provider... if it is inactive (maybe you purchased a new sim card that required you move your account/the accoutn became inactive) just pop in a current one and check the reception. that sim card has your original registration details and phone book (if you use that function) so its up to you.. although the answer is quite obvious..

Yah its the original card. I remember after the service was cut-off I still get the signal bars and then one day it disappeaered. I tried my friends sim card with the same network and I still couldn't get a bar.

oh yeh i forgot to mention trying to call your house phone or something..
sometimes the mobile will be blocked by the carrier because of being stolen/lost/etc (which i presume would not be your case) or inactive so go to a phone shop and have them look at it.. altho i seriously dont know if tehy'll charge you or not..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back