Mouse and Keyboard not responding....Please Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben_tomlinson88

OK id just like to say ANY suggestions are welcome cos i want to get my computer running again

Ok so the story:
I was working on my computer and decided to put a different sound board into it. I turned it off, and realised that my other sound board wouldnt fit, so i put the side back on and turned it on, evrything seemed to be going well (the green caps, scroll and num lock buttons flashed) and when i got to the desktop i tried to move the mouse and it didnt respond!

I took the mouse out and plugged in another one and rebooted, same problem, so i figured i would just go commando with the keyboard. pressed tab to get off all the startup pop-ups and there was no response from the keyboard either!

I tried pressing the various lock buttons (CAPS etc...)to see if i could turn them on, this didnt work. but when it boots up they flash like normal

Weird huh?
Any suggestions welcome
thanks
Ben

Oh and when i turn it off it still puts power to the USB Ports (cos ive got a flashy LED Mouse plugged in and it still flashing even though the comp is off) And also on my router it says that the computer is connected to the network when its off.

Fill in the User Profile and tell us if PS/2 or USB mouse and keyboard, what OS, confirm having plugged the mouse->mouse-port, KB->KB-port etc.
If USB, are the batteries still OK?

Open up your computer and check that nothing is shorting the case and that all connections cards etc are properly seated.

It may well be that when you opened the case the first time you inadvertently disconnected or moved something.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back