Mouse and keyboard stop working after I start playing games

Hello. About a month ago a problem has occured. That problem is still frustrating me and I cannot fix it. I've taken my pc to the store where I bought it and they said it worked for them. The problem is my keyboard and my mouse. When I'm browsing the internet or anything but playing a game,it works fine. Once I start a game, after 20-25 minutes(sometimes even a few hours!) of constant gameplay, caps lock,numlock and scroll lock lights turn on. After that it might turn off and on 1 time,quickly, and then the keyboard would stop responding.After the keyboard stops responding, the mouse does too. There are no lights on the keyboard apart from the one on the top of it, nor can I turn on the numlock ,scroll lock and caps lock lights on. The LED lights on the mouse still work.

I've tried different keyboards and mouses-same.

My specs:
ASUSTEK P6T WS PRO.
10GB RAM,
Sapphire r9 380,
Intel i7 920,2.67 GHz,
MS Keyboard,says "HIV keyboard" in device manager and properties,
HAVIC Mouse,says "HIV mouse" in properties,
465GB of HDD,
Windows 7 Ultimate.

Tried installing new windows,updating bios,updating drivers,changing USBs...
After the mouse and keyboard stop working,the computer is still running,and the keyboard is sending the same input it was when it froze.

Would changing my motherboard fix this?
It would,I think?
PLEASE HELP! I've had this problem for months! It's very frustrating.

It could be software, like memory leak... is it the same game or different ones?

Are you using a hub?

It could be an issue with USB drivers, what does Event Viewer and Device Manager say about your HID (Human Interface Device) keyboard? Are there several listed?

Sometimes the best bet is to remove all keyboard, mouse and USB devices listed in Device Manager while in Safe Mode and to reboot to have the system 'discover and describe' each.

What happens if you remove 'frozen' keyboard and then reconnect (do NOT do this with PS/2 keyboards).

It could be Power Supply, especially if the provision of 5v is in several rails (channels for a voltage), but use is crowded on just one of those. You probably should total up all your 5v uses and examine the sticker on the PSU.

It could be software, like memory leak... is it the same game or different ones?

Are you using a hub?

It could be an issue with USB drivers, what does Event Viewer and Device Manager say about your HID (Human Interface Device) keyboard? Are there several listed?

Sometimes the best bet is to remove all keyboard, mouse and USB devices listed in Device Manager while in Safe Mode and to reboot to have the system 'discover and describe' each.

What happens if you remove 'frozen' keyboard and then reconnect (do NOT do this with PS/2 keyboards).

It could be Power Supply, especially if the provision of 5v is in several rails (channels for a voltage), but use is crowded on just one of those. You probably should total up all your 5v uses and examine the sticker on the PSU.
Thanks for the reply. It happens on all games.
I am not using a hub. My power supply has 630W,it's the Berlin thermaltake. I'm getting the H81M-R tommorow and I hope that helps. I've tried different keyboards. Only 1 HID keyboard and HID mouse. In device manager I see a lot of USB Root HUBs.
A new motherboard should help?I think it should but lately I don't have much confidence,because of the error.
Thanks for your help.

" In device manager I see a lot of USB Root HUBs." My thought is that you have power management turned on for a 'duplicate' USB. Even though you are using the keyboard and mouse and that USB connection is not going to sleep, there is another USB which duplicates (memory address? interrupt? something) and goes to sleep sometimes.

Try turning off power management in every one of your USBs and then turning it on for those few if you want them to 'sleep' .

Good discussion of issues and various 'solutions' is here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...0/378cd69a-d77e-4622-8570-d9715911ba63?auth=1

Back