Mouse disconnecting and reconnecting

For a large part of yesterday continuing into today my USB mouse kept on disconnecting and reconnecting rendering it unusable. It seemed to work for longer depending on how it was placed in the USB drive but it still disconnected eventually.

Whilst looking around online it suddenly started working again without me doing anything and has continued to do so for a good while now. However occasionally it still makes the noise as if it is disconnecting or reconnecting though it doesn't seem to change the mouse working.

Any idea what has gone wrong?

Reinstall the usb drivers first.
check the mouse cable it self by bending it here and there along the cable to see if the cables bad.

Sounds like a failing mouse, try with a known good spare USB mouse which is pretty easy to borrow or come by and confirm. :)

Let's hope it is just the mouse and not the USB port. Try using it on a different USB port to see if you keep having the same issue. If you do, it is likely the mouse. If you don't, it is likely a bad USB port.

Is this for a PC or laptop? Because a laptop mouse normally gets plugged and unplugged more than the PC mouse leading to wear and tear.

Are you the only one that uses it? I've seen some nurses at a hospital want to use their own mouse but when they try to plug them in the wrong way, instead of turning them over, they try forcing it in which destroys the USB ports. I'm not implying in any way you would do this.

Hope your issue goes away!

Back