Mouse Driver Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I got this problem 2 days ago and cant figure out what to do or where to go, i was playing a game and my mouse just stoped working, later i noticed that i was missing the ps/2 compatile mouse driver and ive been trying to find a driver but no luck, can someone please help me out.

Thank You

"mouse" and "driver" don't belong in the same sentence. lol

Windows always loads your basic mouse driver, unless you have a fancy USB dealy. Did you test the mouse on another PC?

The mouse brand is uknown it has a wheel 2 buttons and it ball type mouse, its like a cheap 5 dollar mouse lol, all i know it connects to the the ps/2 port. i checked the mouse on the other pc and it did work, if you go to control panel and click on printer & other hardware, then mouse, a window will pop up and all the settings of the mouse will come up, click on hardware tab and you should see something like ps/2 compatible mouse or if u have some other mouse it should be there, but mine is just blank :mad:

Change you RAM frequencies!! ( NO, dude, im kidding here, please dont do it. I'm making a reference to every other post Ive made here lol)
Take a quick peek at your BIOS to make sure that ps/2 devices are set to Auto, and if so you may want to change it where it is forced to be detected by the motherboard (differes from mobo to mobo, may not apply to you.)

EDIT: Do other mice work on the computer in question?

It's not rare that a PS/2 port can go bad. You may want to just go get a USB mouse if the PS/2 isn't gunna work anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back