Mouse is turning on and off

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive had this mouse for a few weeks, properly installed, corded mouse that is.
and now windows says it malfunctions, turning on and off every few seconds.
i tried another usb port, restarting, leeving it for a few days, but nothing helped.
i reall need helps guys., and i thought you guys could help me.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Try a different mouse and see if the problem goes away. If it does, then the mouse if faulty.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

yo yo yo.... hi all

im having the same exact problem.

my mouse is turning off and on real fast as in i hear the usb sounds when somthing is plugged out and then back in u hear those usb sounds right? well my mouse does that maybe once every 30 secs-3 min (turn off and on as in its being turned off then being redetected).

i tried two different optical logitech mouses and same problem. i tired uninstalling all the usb controllers and hubs and restarting but same problem after reboot and reinstallation of usb controllers. im guessing a faulty motherboard because i recently replaced my mobo with the same one and ever since my front usb hubs have not been workin (as in it never detected anytning i plugged in there like b4, ie headphones, other mouse, controllers etc.) but all my rear usbs were workin fine. but now the mouse thats acting up is the plugged in the back.

i have also a printer plugged form the back usb and that never gave me probz. and yes i have tried other rear usb ports besides the front cuz they dony work. the front usb hub is 2 usb ports and they are plugged into the middle of the mobo in the right connections and still no go. idk y.

and the off and on thing occurs more often during gaming. is there anything else i can try to resovle this problem?

note: when i got my new/replaced mobo i did a complete hard reboot of my hdd as in complete system restore. umm check my specs for all hardware if necessary. win xp, asus p4p800-e deluxe mobo, intel 2.8 cpu blah blah.

thanx in advance

Also it could have to do with Windows. Try repairing windows and see if it works.

Is it cordless or wired?

Try without any other devices connected to the USB ports
try using a PCI-USB card

Get yourself a USB>PS/2 mouse adaptor....

its a wired optical and right now its connected through a ps/2 adapter. its really not giving me any prblems anymore but when i play games every 30 mnins or so it turns up again so it maybe from the mouse itself and through a usb it happens more often? maybe idk thx

So i've guessed you've tried different mouses and without the logitech desktop drivers? and those mouses in turn work perfectly on other pcs right?

Go to Device manager, go to "mice and other pointing devices" and uninstall all those drivers, reboot and let it reinstall

well ive never really needed to install logitech drivers for my mice to work even though all the mice i own is logitech. when its thruogh usb it works without drivers. but since mine right now is connected through ps/2 adaptor it need the drivers for the rest of the buttons to work like the scroll function and some other buttons. the mouse im using now is the Logitech MX550. well i think my problems have cleared for now since im no longer experiencing the on and off thing.

BUT a new problem has arrised. My mouse sensitivity gets messed up all the time when i restart my computor and especially when im playin games i have to constantly readjust my mouse motioin settings to make it normal. what is this from? how can i make it like b4 when i out one setting and it never changed.

Good to hear your mouse is "kindof" fixed.. but the sensitivity problem i really dont have a clue how to fix, apart from double checking the programs and seeing if everything is ok etc.. maybe try a registry cleaner/fixer and see if that does anything significant..

Create a new account in windows and see if its only isolated to the pc or the accounts..

Might be related to the mouse buffer overflowing in XP. I think someone here would know how to increase its size. It's something to do in the registry I believe.

well thx guys for all ur help, hopefully someone would show me how to increase the buffer size for the mouse. maybe i should google it. thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back