Mouse issues (not sure where to put this question)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, im having a problem with my mouse and wonder if anyone can offer any suggestions.

i have an intel p4 with a 845pe chipset

the other day i had a problem installing a new hp printer, got it figured out however since the day i installed it (also installed sp2) my mouse which is a mx500 moves. not terribly.....but i could be pointing to something on my desktop and it starts moving slowly to the left or up towards the top...very slow, if i take my hand off the mouse it continues.....im at witts end with this...ive run norton utlities, i've run adware, scanned for virus's......everything checks out.....can someone help a damsel in distress...thanks

LisaD

3 blind mice

is this a USB or a PS2 mouse ?

i've had the same problem with a USB mouse.......solved by using the generic Windows mouse driver rather than any software bundled with your mouse.

i read an article a few months ago, about the wonders of the 'wandering mouse' - it suggested that it cannot be fixed.

but, like i say - i uninstalled the software that was bundled with the mouse and let windows use it's generic driver.

if you haven't installed any software - then maybe try the other way round?! install the software that came with your mouse !!

this is clearly trial and error....the best way to fault find

Thanks Meat.......i don't think i ever installed the drivers for this mouse....i'll have to check, but i really think its some kind of conflict.....every once in a while, after doing something, closing a program, clicking on something the damn Print box pops up, so im thinking i have some kind of conflict between the printer (which is my first usb printer, HP took away the seriel ports on the new photosmart's) I hate computers.....sigh

take a look in Device Manager to see if you've got any conflicts.

if there are no conflicts, then I would assume that it's a driver issue.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back