Mouse Lagging in Newly Bought Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trintar VIII

Hi, I just bought two new PC games and installed them on my computer. Both of them are not running properly. On one (Titan Quest) my mouse lags. It moves fine but when I click, it doesn't work for a few seconds, though sometimes it works fine. The second one (Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter) has problems even moving the mouse. It will move an inch every 5-10 seconds, so if i move it a lot, I will have to wait up to a minute for the mouse to catch up. The videos on the title screen are running fine, it's just the mouse.

I've tried using a different mouse to see if it was just mine, but that mouse didn't work either. Also, I just got some new hardware for my computer, a video card and some RAM as well as a new power supply and DVD-RW. I thought maybe it was my video card but when I run Half-Life 2, there are no problems whatsoever. I have also tried updating my drivers though I admit I have no experience with ATI graphics cards so I'm not sure if I did all that was necessary. I've checked many times over and my computer meets the minimum and recommended requirements for both games as well.

My specs are...

Athlon XP 3200
1.5GB RAM
Radeon X1300 256MB

If any other hardware is necessary to diagnose, just ask. Thanks for any help offered.

Also, I've read the thread about games not running/lagging and tried the ideas to fix it and nothing worked. Does anyone know what else I could try?

Check for updates for your mouse? Is this a gaming mouse, a wireless mouse, a regular wired mouse?

Also clean your game folder's cache files

It's just a regular wired mouse, an optical one. I've got one game working okay now and the other works with the mouse now, but when I play the keyboard is delayed, while the mouse is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back