TechSpot

Mouse movement

By livecurrent
Sep 4, 2003
  1. Ok i have a blue logitech optical mouse on a fUnc surface, everytime i take a swipe across the pad it gets stuck. For instance in Counter-Strike when i swipe left to right or right to left , the cursor gets stuck in the middle but i'll still be moving the mouse. I've tried using the usb but same thing, then i tried the crappy mouseware drivers still same thing. Then i changed the mouse with my bro-in-law's optical still the same crap. Then i reformatted the HD reinstalled XP the installed CS and baam same thing, this is driving me nutz. I'm thinkin the usb and ps/2 ports are either bad or just that im cursed with bad mice.
    :dead: :(

2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

Optical mice sometimes do that when the surface isn't good. Does it happen with ball mice too?

3. Th3M1ghtyD8

Th3M1ghtyD8 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 664

Have you tried it without using a mouse pad or surface, some of the optical mice I have had worked better without them, as the pads seemed be too reflective for the optical sensor to work properly.

4. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

If your mousepad has graphics on it you can run into this sort of problem. The optics hit a different texture or background and get confused, because it is not normal. Try using it on the desktop, or a different pad that has solid colors.

5. StormBringer

StormBringer TS Rookie Posts: 2,244

If the surface is shiny, it may be reflecting and confusing the optical sensor. Some mice aren't bothered by shiny surfaces, but some are. My Logitec goes batty if I put it on a glossy pad.

6. Nic

Nic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,549

Can you get hold of a ball mouse and give it a go?

7. livecurrent

livecurrent TS Rookie Topic Starter

This is the pad i use thefUnc pad.And yes it happens with every mouse i have used to a MS intell3.0 to a MX500 and even a older ball mouse. Im currently using a spare comp. until i can fix this problem.

8. livecurrent

livecurrent TS Rookie Topic Starter

Well i fix my prob. these forums helped me alot. Thx folks for tryin.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.