Mouse movement

Status
Not open for further replies.

livecurrent

Ok i have a blue logitech optical mouse on a fUnc surface, everytime i take a swipe across the pad it gets stuck. For instance in Counter-Strike when i swipe left to right or right to left , the cursor gets stuck in the middle but i'll still be moving the mouse. I've tried using the usb but same thing, then i tried the crappy mouseware drivers still same thing. Then i changed the mouse with my bro-in-law's optical still the same crap. Then i reformatted the HD reinstalled XP the installed CS and baam same thing, this is driving me nutz. I'm thinkin the usb and ps/2 ports are either bad or just that im cursed with bad mice.
:dead: :(

Have you tried it without using a mouse pad or surface, some of the optical mice I have had worked better without them, as the pads seemed be too reflective for the optical sensor to work properly.

If your mousepad has graphics on it you can run into this sort of problem. The optics hit a different texture or background and get confused, because it is not normal. Try using it on the desktop, or a different pad that has solid colors.

If the surface is shiny, it may be reflecting and confusing the optical sensor. Some mice aren't bothered by shiny surfaces, but some are. My Logitec goes batty if I put it on a glossy pad.

This is the pad i use thefUnc pad.And yes it happens with every mouse i have used to a MS intell3.0 to a MX500 and even a older ball mouse. Im currently using a spare comp. until i can fix this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back