Mouse problem in windows ME. it's there but l just can't move it

Status
Not open for further replies.

anniesting

Hi,
This is not my machine, it's a friends. It's very old and l have just put in a new hard drive and put on windows ME that l might add went on without a hitch. The main problem is the mouse, it's sitting there but l can move it. I have tried to get ME to detect it but nothing l tried ever mouse l had with every driver l could find but still nothing.
Any ideas, please.

what mouse connection are you using: PS/2 or usb?
if it is usb there may be a setting in bios to enable legacy usb devices or something similar to it.. probably try to find out your mobo specs and refer to its manual.. otherwise use its existing ps/2 port

Thanks to you both but l have tried both types of mice and neither of them work. I have 3 different types but still nothing.
Help, Please!!!!!!!!

like most new "posters" (no offfense), you haven't given any system specs

what is this "mysterious old machine"?? is it a desktop, a laptop?? have you downloaded the latest updates for WindowsME?? have you loaded any mouse drivers?? have you enabled legacy support?? (you don't need a mouse to perform any of the tasks i just mentioned)

Sorry but l don't know to much about this old computer, but by sheer *** l took the battery out and got into the bios so now l know what l was up against at least and to my amazment l change the plug and play thingy and now l have a working mouse, hip hip. And yes l can use a computer without a mouse but no that good.
I got all the up dates and is now working like a charm.
Thanks everyone for there help.

PS Sorry l didn't know that was No No word :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back