Mouse problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spike

I don't know if this is an OS issue, or a problem with my optical mouse, so I'm posting here :)

A strange problem I've not encountered anywhere else. Every now and again, single clicking the left mouse button has been registering as a double click, and after a while, it goes back to normal. This has happened occasionally and randomly for the past few months.

Just earlier today, I thought I'd turned on sticky-keys, because whenever I clicked to change the cursor in text (or clicked on a part of a web page), it highlighted objects and lines of text instead. It was a pain in the proverbial donkey/horse cross-breed. It's still doing it now some hours later. I could probably fix it by rebooting or logging in and out, but that doesn't tell me how to fix it or what's wrong in the first place.

Either sticky keys is turned on but not showing as such (and won't turn off), or something else is wrong.

Has anybody seen this behaviour before and does anybody know a solution?

A simple problem I know, but an irritating one. Simple enough to make me feel like a bit of an ***** anyway - not something that happens often. lol

Edit: By current behaviour, I'm pretty certain that I'm looking at a double-click when only single clicking problem here.

We all make mistakes :p Seriously - I lost a good few posts in various forums over the last hour, and Started to get a little flustered about it.

Thanks Peddant - A shall take a look now. :D

Edit: Well, what d'ya know! All I did was open the mouse properties. I didn't even change anything, and the problem corrected itself. Something funny going on here methinks... Untill next time it hapens ... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back