Mouse problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everybody. its my first post on these forums. first i wanna say that these forums are plain and simple... cool forums.

ok i have a crappy mouse. online u can but this mouse for like 10 bucks. its an optical mouse from GE (general electric).

the problem i am having with my mouse is everytime i move my mouse horizontally, side to side about 10- 15 times, the whole mouse it self stops working for about 1 sec. left click, right click, scroll, and the position of the mouse just basically freezes for about 1 sec every time i move the mouse. now i play a steam powered game called counter-strike 1.6 .... this is very very annoying when i play...

EG.
lets say an enemy is shooting me from behind. if i try to turn around to shoot him, my mouse looses contact for that 1 sec. so as im doing a 180 degree turn to try and kill him i get stuck at about 90 degrees on the way lol... so instead of the mouse doing a complete 180.... it stops at 90 degrees for 1 second and before i can complete the other 90 degrees im already dead...

plz help, i tried cleaning my mouse. ive tried 4 different types of mice and they all did the same thing... maybe its my comp? or comp settings? i tried the troubleshooting option on my control panel but that ddint even work.... this is the mouse i have:

http://www.buy.com/prod/ge-ho97986-optical-mouse/q/loc/101/10391509.html

plz help!!! thank you

This is not the mouse - it is more likely to be a graphics related problem.
You could check to see that your system is up to spec for the games you are playing.
If in doubt, please give us some specs on your system

i dont know the specs but it is a sucky comp. old emachines comp from like 2003. vid card is sucky: SAPPHIRE 100575L Radeon 9600XT 256MB 128-bit DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card. 256 ram. 1.66ghz.... dunno so much since it was a computer i found in my aunts garage :p

Get a corded Logitech optical mouse, and your problems disappear. Do not consider any wireless mouse. An old Microsoft bulbous mouse on a PS/2 is the next best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back