Mouse stutters on desktop and in games..

Status
Not open for further replies.

werD

Recently my mouse will freeze up for a second pretty much whenever it feels like it. It does it whether or not I have any programs running. It really gets annoying when I try and play games. It is only the mouse that freezes. All video and sound that is supposed to happen keeps on happening. Seeing as how I am not a computer wizz I am kind of at a loss for what to do about it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am using Windows Vista.

Core 2 duo 2.66GHz OC'd to 3.2GHz
2GB Crucial Ballistix RAM
NVidia 8800 GTS
Razer Diamondback

Any other info needed to help with this problem just ask.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I`d like to have a quick check for malware.

Go and read this thread HERE and post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I can`t see anything nasty in your HJT log.

Check in your task manager and see if any process coincides to your mouse freeze ups.

Regards Howard :)

What sort of things in task manager would I be looking for? Sorry, i'm pretty bad with computers

Just open task manager and click on the processes tab.when your mouse starts freezing, see if any process has appeared that would coincide with it.

I wouldn`t mind betting it`s some updates service that runs, such as McAfee or the like that`s causing your problem.

It actually seems to be happening more when I am playing now. It doesn't happen all that often when I am on the desktop. It will happen but its almost two times a minute while I am playing a game. Its hard to catch it on the desktop.

Obviously aint that then.

Run HJT and click the config button, followed by the Misc tools button and then the Open Process manger button. Tick the show .dlls box, then click the Save list to file icon. Save it to wherever you want and attach it to your next reply.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

Dwm.exe<--you may need to stop this twice as it has a tendency to come back automatically the first time. It is part of Vista`s areo effects and has been known to consume large amounts of cpu cycles.

Close task manager.

With the above process stopped, see if there`s any improvement with your mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back