Mouse Suggestions

hellokitty[hk]

Hi everyone.

I'm looking for a mouse that has a very nice sensor without acceleration, but with a few specific DPI settings.
I'd like a native ~600 DPI setting, and a 1600 DPI setting, a little higher up to 1800 may be okay but 1600 is preferable.
That's about all the requirements, throw at me anything that fits. I know a lot of decent laser mice can fit that but AFAIK they all tend to have some sensor flaws.

Aside from that, everything else is pretty flexible but here's what I prefer:
A couple DPI/profile settings.
Light is preferable.
Not a large mouse, medium/small.
A couple side buttons.

As for the shape, I'd have to look at the mouse or try it out to know if I'll like it or not.
I like the shape of the Roccat Savu and Kone pure. In fact I almost picked up a Kone pure for $44 on black friday but the Avago 9800 held me back.

I'd also like a pretty slick mousepad to go with it, something at least as quick as a Razer Goliathus speed.
I use about 40cm/360 so it needs to be a medium sized mat.

Thanks for reading.

I have a Razer Deathadder 2013, it has DPI settings which can be changed in the software from 100 DPI up to 6400, the lights can be turned on or off and it has 2 custom side buttons which can be changed to do whatever you want. I have a Razer Goliathus speed medium mat which is very good and it feels high quality. It is a good size for my hands but I do have quite large hands but I think once you have used it you won't want to go back to a smaller mouse, I sure don't anyway. That's my personal opinion but it's about how it feels to you and has all the features you need.

I can whole-heartedly vouch for the CM Storm Sentinel Advance II. It's got heaps of profile/on the fly DPI adjustment settings, two side buttons and is very lightweight when you take the weights out.

The only box it doesn't tick is the size category. It's big. However, it has a similar shape to the Roccat's you mentioned, and I find it extremely comfortable despite having smaller-than-average hands.

The deathadder only has native 400/800/1600... etc AFAIK. The CM Storm sentinel advance II has an avago 9800 which is an instant disqualification.

The deathadder only has native 400/800/1600... etc AFAIK. The CM Storm sentinel advance II has an avago 9800 which is an instant disqualification.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but in Razer Synapse you can change the DPI in intervals of 100 from 100 to 6400 and set it for each profile, profiles are unlimited and you can adjust profiles at any time.

I know that Razer Synapse can do that but they're not native DPI levels, the 2013 edition seems to only have 6400 native. Aside from that the input latency from Synapse 2.0 and the silly need to make an account and connect online to use synapse is pretty off-putting. Not really impressed with the new 2013 DA.
P.S. I know I'm being picky.

Can't you just change the mouse speed in the game? Or get used to a higher/lower speed :)

To be honest I'm not sure what the difference is between native and non-native DPI anyway...

No you can't...
And if you could, that's what a non-native DPI step is, meaning you're using software to interpolate a setting that your mouse can't actually sense natively. It's OKish if you're interpolating down, but pretty awful if you're interpolating up.

I'd still prefer to avoid interpolation to 600DPI and don't think 600DPI +1600DPI is too rare to find.

Dude, you seem to know exactly what you want and have researched this topic more than pretty much anyone around here. All that anyone else can give you is personal opinion, which is totally subjective (as shown by my suggestion), and without you personally handling the mouse itself, you're still pretty much in the dark when it comes to how it's gonna fit in your hand.

So here's my suggestion: Find a mouse that ticks all the boxes, look up a couple of reviews to make sure there isn't a major flaw in it, then buy it and try it. If you don't like it, sell it and get another one, and you'll be more informed because of it :)

Hi everyone.

I'm looking for a mouse that has a very nice sensor without acceleration, but with a few specific DPI settings.
I'd like a native ~600 DPI setting, and a 1600 DPI setting, a little higher up to 1800 may be okay but 1600 is preferable.
That's about all the requirements, throw at me anything that fits. I know a lot of decent laser mice can fit that but AFAIK they all tend to have some sensor flaws.

Aside from that, everything else is pretty flexible but here's what I prefer:
A couple DPI/profile settings.
Light is preferable.
Not a large mouse, medium/small.
A couple side buttons.

As for the shape, I'd have to look at the mouse or try it out to know if I'll like it or not.
I like the shape of the Roccat Savu and Kone pure. In fact I almost picked up a Kone pure for $44 on black friday but the Avago 9800 held me back.

I'd also like a pretty slick mousepad to go with it, something at least as quick as a Razer Goliathus speed.
I use about 40cm/360 so it needs to be a medium sized mat.

Thanks for reading.
Hi, you can checked both here:

Roccat Kone Pure:
https://www.techspot.com/products/mice/roccat-kone-pure.88686/
Roccat Savu:
https://www.techspot.com/products/mice/roccat-savu.85137/,

THe best, in my personal opinion is this:
Razer Deathadder
https://www.techspot.com/products/mice/razer-deathadder-2013.86735/

Back