TechSpot

Mousepad Mod

By SuperCheetah
Apr 8, 2002
  1. This is quite an interesting mod. Although quite pointless, it does look very cool.

The final product looks unbelievably good IMO.

2. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,336   +279

Me likes - think I'll see about one... er, making one.

LNCPapa

3. SuperCheetah

SuperCheetah TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 868

Same here LNCPapa. As pointless as it is I really like the design. It really would be a really cool little mod to have. :)

4. SleeperDC

SleeperDC TS Rookie Posts: 193

OMG :eek: ....it looks REALLY cool. :grinthumb
    would like to have one...

but .....

i never use mouse pad since my first intellimouse explorer.
    my black wooden keyboard tray works better than any mouse pad i've used, even the ratzpad.

5. boeingfixer

boeingfixer TS Rookie Posts: 1,245

Well I just have 4 words....Way too much time....but those are very cool. I like the Wolfenstein one. If he could mass produce them, he would make a bundle.

Hey Super, put that on our next board meeting agenda, mabee we can offer him like $50 for the rights and WE make the bundle...kinda like one billionare we all know and love.... (is there an icon for smirk ??):rolleyes: :suspiciou

6. SuperCheetah

I hear you boeing. That is a really cool mod, but your right, way too much time on his hands. Still I agree that he could sell alot of them if they were customizable and mass produced.

7. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 6,504   +6

Thanks for posting the above, it certainly is a relevant PC mod I guess, however my personal option is, when is all of this gonna stop? Hoe many flashing lights do people actually need? Even some of the case mods I have seen are just going way over the top..... Now we are onto mice and even mouse pads....

8. SuperCheetah

I agree with you Phantasm66. I saw the mouse fan mod and thought it was the most pointless computer mod I've ever seen. I mean, who can really need a fan for their mouse? It not like those things get so hot that you can't handle them.

I personally don't have any LED's on my rig yet, although I would like a window and a blue LED light. And this mouse pad looks really cool so it would be nice to look at although not especially useful in any way. Other than that I really can't think of a need for any other LED's like for power buttons and whatnot unless I had way to much time and money to blow.

9. StormBringer

StormBringer TS Rookie Posts: 2,871

I tend to think this pad would interfere with the optical sensor anyway. I know that mine goes Postal if I use it on a glossy surface, just imagine what those LEDs would do to it.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.