Mouseware and Nyko incompatible?

By DieHard90
Nov 12, 2004
  1. Hello fellow tech dudes. I wasn't sure where to post this, since it has to do with software and hardware, so I put it here. This is a mouse post.

Ok, here's my dilema:

I've been happily using Mouseware for a year or two now with my Dual Optical (sweet mouse, by the way :unch: ). I just recently got a Nyko Airflow Mouse. It said I didn't need any drivers, so I plugged it in (it is USB too). Both the dual optical and Nyko were connected at the same time. It works, but mouseware will not find it! This means that I cannot change the sensitivity on it either, so I might as well just throw out the Nyko. Being able to set the sensitivity is very important to me.

I got rid of mouseware altogether, and then rediscovered the *wonderful* rough, stair-walking movement of the default XP mouse driver. YUCK! :suspiciou I never noticed it before. It skips over so many pixels, I don't think I could ever get another headshot. Yuck.

After mouseware was gone, I could set the sensitivity on the mouse device, but like I said, anything higher than the middle tick gets ugly and rough movement (seems almost like a 400dpi mouse). I couldn't live with this, so its back with mouseware.

I'm wondering if I could give the Nyko another mouse driver that mouseware will *like*? or am I doomed to rid mouseware? Is there an alternative driver to the rough, stair-walking movement of the default XP mouse driver?

How does anybody play PC games with the staggering default XP mouse driver?

Anyway, I have searched all over the net and got nowhere. any help is appreciated. Thanks and good night.

2. Th3M1ghtyD8

Th3M1ghtyD8 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 664

Isn't mouseware only for Logitech mice? If so then obviously it is unlikely to work with other manufacturers mice.
  3. DieHard90

DieHard90 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Mouseware actually works with several mice. It automatically detects my $5.00 PS/2 mouse fine. So why doesn't it like my Nyko? Aggh! :dead:

It drives me crazy to think I will have to get used to the innacuraccy of the default XP drivers. I am used to being able to select individual pixels. The default XP drivers don't allow me to do that; they skip over about 4-6 pixels at a time. The default HID-compliant mouse driver is so innacurate and rough it makes me woosy. It is a shame there doesn't seem to be a viable alternative to mouseware.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what I'll do yet.
  4. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

5. DieHard90

DieHard90 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Ok, thanks, I'll give Intellipoint a shot. *no pun intended*. So what about the Logitech MX-1000? I've read some about it, but I haven't tried it first hand. Have you tried it out? Is it accurate?
  6. salsera

salsera TS Rookie

Nyko mouse

Hi. I was wondering where I can actually buy one of those mice for a programmer friend of mine who has problems with sweaty palms. I tried online and it won't accept Laser, even though it says 'Maestro' on it, as it has no issue date on the card.

Apparently, I can only use Laser on Irish sites. I have no objection to physically walking into a shop and paying hard cash for it, but I have no idea who would stock it. Any ideas? :grinthumb

I (and he) would be very grateful.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.