movies in fulllscreen pixelated and lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkstuarez

Ever since I reformatted my computer whenever I play a movie file using any media player when I make it full screen the movie lags and gets all pixelated and I dont know how to fix it because im nub but it was fine before I reformatted it.... any help would be greatly appreciated :slurp:

(obvious but hey..:p)did you check if your directx and vid card drivers up to date?
maybe try a different player or codecs..
see if any programs are running at the same time especialy system scans like antivirus software etc..

darkstuarez said:
Ever since I reformatted my computer whenever I play a movie file using any media player when I make it full screen the movie lags and gets all pixelated and I dont know how to fix it because im nub but it was fine before I reformatted it.... any help would be greatly appreciated :slurp:

After a format, all your drivers will have been wiped.

You need to reinstall your chipset drivers, and your videocard/soundcard drivers etc.

Check in your device manager for any yellow exclamation, or question marks.

Regards Howard :)

lol,(friend's pc) Can't believe i never thought about drivers... But, i can't figure out what his graphics card is, only info on his processor.

Will post back.

If you click on the first link in my signature. You will find a link to the SIW programme.

It will give you lots of info about your friends system.

Start by going to his mobo manufacturers website for the chipset drivers.

If he has onboard sound/video, you will also be able to get those drivers as well.

CPU AMD Athlon XP 1800+
Cpu Socket Socket A
Processor Upgrade ZIF Socket
Max CPU Speed 2000 MHz

I can't find a driver for the 1800+.

You don`t need a driver for the cpu.

Drivers your friend needs are. Chipset/video/sound etc. You need to know what mobo he has. then you can go to the mobo manufacturers website.

If his computer is an oem build such as Dell/HP etc. he can go to his computer manufacturers website for the drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back