Moving from Consoles to PC

Hi guys,

I have finally decided to skip the next gen consoles and move on to PC gaming. The problem is, I have no clue what to look for in a gaming laptop (I travel a lot and desktop is not really an option). I've seen many laptop optimized for gaming, such as Alienware, but these seem very expensive and my budget is somewhat limited, around 900 AUD.

Can anyone help me out? I'd greatly appreciate any feedback.

Thanks in advance :)

I think you may be moving backwards rather than forward. Laptops tend to get hot and playing games intensively will give them a hard time. Expect to pay a substantial premium.

The problem is that I tend to travel a lot and rarely stay in one place longer than 3 months, so dragging a desktop around isn't really an option :/

I've been looking around for some budget friendly gaming laptops, however as you have already mentioned, there is a hefty price tag. I think I might go with an Asus N550JK, it's way beyond my initially planned budget, but seems to be the best option out there.

It has a two year warranty too. I steer well aware from paying for extended warranties but with a gaming laptop it might be worth looking at what's available.

Yeah, I should look into that. I really don't expect any laptop to perform flawlessly after 3 years though, and I think by that time I will be looking for a new one anyway :)

Back