TechSpot

moving paranoia

By cjmagnum
May 26, 2007
  1. I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, but lately i have been paranoid over a move that will occur in a couple of weeks. I'm moving across several states by car, and i am afraid that if i leave my custom computer with the movers they will either steal it or break it. If they steal it, it is no big deal because they will buy my new parts. If they break it, i think they will only pay me for the parts broken. Or i'm worried that they will screw something up where it still works but not the same as it did. Now if i take it with me in the car i might not have enough room, and if it breaks there i will have to pay for it by myself. I am a very paranoid person over stuff like this, and i was thinking about this for the past couple of hours. I decided to go here because it seems everyone here knows what they are talking about. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum or if i wasted any of your time, but it would make me feel better if i got your input.

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,317   +618

use a professional moving company AND

declare the device and add insurance for the move.

1) it will not be stolen

2) they will refund the price of everything FOR WHICH YOU HAVE RECEIPTS

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.