TechSpot

Moving the Norton Internet Security software to another computer

By Blasius
Sep 30, 2005
Post New Reply
  1. Does anybody know if you can do that? If so, how? (My old computer is busted and I had to buy a new one.)
    Thanks for any help!
    Blasius

2. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,483

install it on the other machine, and it's lisence period will start anew. of course, you won't be using it on the other machine. if you need to protect other machines, i recocmend AVG free edition and sygate personal firewall.

3. BillGates

BillGates TS Rookie Posts: 101

Yep the lisence prohibites using the same program on two or more computers unless you have purchases a muli-user liscence, servre liscence (like 5 CAL like Microsoft Windows Server 2003) that means you can run the program on 5 different machines.

4. Spike

Spike TS Rookie Posts: 2,371

I think the best advice here is simply to take norton off the original machine anfd then forget you ever had it. Opt to use something better, if not free as well :)

5. blue_dragon

blue_dragon TS Rookie Posts: 278

why not install the harddrive with the new pc?

6. Finchy

Finchy TS Rookie Posts: 378

I have to agree with Zephead on AVG and Sygate. AVG is free, easy to use, and very effective, if not one of the best you can get. It updates automatically and is inobtrusive. The same goes for Sygate, and since I've had the two, I havn't had a single virus!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.