Mozilla Firefox 0.8 download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
A new version of Mozilla's latest generation browser has been released while it also gets a name change in the process. Mozilla still likes to call this a Technology Preview' but I can tell you Firebird/Firefox is quite ready to take on Internet Explorer and any other competitor you throw at it.

[center]
h-ff-dl.png
[/center]
Update: Bittorrent link the Mozilla servers are being hammered by all the traffic...

Getting better with each release. This has finally replaced IE for me (and Thunderbird has replaced Outlook Express). There are still a few pages that don't display quite right, such as the one I'm looking at right this second. The reply box is all squished.

Not sure what to think about the name. Personally I think Foxfire would have sounded better and made more sense, but it's only a development name.

I switched to Opera last week about Thursday, and it took me about a day to get used to it, but I like it now.

Good name, I like it

I use Opera for my surfing but when it does not display a page properly I switch to Firebird/fox before trying IE, and usually it works just fine.. Like the Swedish Bank Föreningssparbanken...

I love the new logo and the fact that has an installer.

It's far eaiser to get mozilla plugins to detect and install now.

I also love the download manager enhancements.

After having some trouble installing (due to old Firebird profile + extensions), I finally got running on Firefox. Feels like the same stable browser, a bit polished and improved in certain areas, my favourite browser for now.

I would try Opera but still don't like the fact that you have to pay for removing ads, not like I disagree with their sense of business and developers trying to get some money back from their work, just that there is Mozilla as an alternative, so you get my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back