Mozilla firefox bad image ... need help fixing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
When I try to mozilla firefox an the following message opens: "firefox.exe - bad image" error comes up stating that C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\ssl3.dll is not a valid windows image. I have run kaspersky anti-virus and turned back on my windows firewall since getting this alert. I also have taken all the steps detailed in the 8-step preliminary removal instructions and will attach the logs for ccleaner, malwarebytes, superantispy and hijackthis.

Please help me get rid of this! Or should I just del firefox and re-install? I haven't done that yet bc I don't want to lose all my extensions, saved links, etc.

Thanks!!

Dave

Before you reinstall, understand:

ssl3.dll or ssl3 process info for Network Security Services.

I had a recent update pop-up for Firefox v3.5.5. Did you get that update? If not, which version are you using?

Are you trying to install Firefox, open Firefox or update Firefox? This is a bug in an earlier version of Firefox.

Yes I was using an older version of Firefox, 3.0.5 I think. Anyway I have since updated and re-installed the newest version. The other good news is I still have all my profile info as well so it worked out!

Thank you guys for the prompt and very helpful responses!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back