TechSpot

Mozilla releases first beta of Weave Sync add-on

By Jos
Nov 17, 2009
  1. Nearly two years after unveiling the project, Mozilla is finally offering the first beta of its experimental Weave Sync add-on for Firefox. The service is intended to synchronize bookmarks, passwords and web history across browsers on multiple devices, including smartphones when Fennec is released next year. Data is sent up to Mozilla's servers and back down again to any other instances of Firefox you use.

Read the whole story

2. shaga

shaga TS Rookie

Says "not valid installation package". :eek:

3. shaga

shaga TS Rookie

Works now. Their file was corrupt for a second or I was just too fast. :)

4. Vicenarian

Vicenarian TS Enthusiast Posts: 100   +9

Foxmarks (now called Xmarks) does almost the same thing I think...it syncs bookmarks/passwords across computers, even different browsers I think, and has worked great for me for a long time now.

5. guyver1

guyver1 TS Enthusiast Posts: 106

Once again Firefox is playing copycat/catchup with Opera ;)

6. levar

levar TS Rookie Posts: 232

yep but now all browsers are doing this Google latest Beta implemented bookmark sync Xmarks and other bookmark add-ons will be done for I gotta test this out.

7. Kcircyrd

Kcircyrd TS Rookie Posts: 316

It works well for us, and we trust Mozilla / Firefox to do their homework and be sure it is right before release.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.