MP3 Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopdog

Hi!

I have a large directory structure with MP3, more or less organized in different folders and subfolders. Now I´m looking for a tool that may help me convert all the files (change the bitrate or convert to WMA or similar), without having to do one folder at a time.

RealPlayer Premium allows that. Just add all the files to the library and convert them. For a freeware converter, you can try the CD-DA X-tractor from here.

Winamp does this too, for free, and probably much easier than CD-DA for a mess of directories.

Load up the parent directory in the playlist, then go to the Preferences, then Plugins, Output, Nullsoft Disk Writer plugin-v2.12. Highlight that and click Configure and change your output directory (and anything else if you don't like the defaults). Then turn off shuffle and repeat, play the first file in the list and wait.

I like the Winamp idea. I tried to use it some time ago, but for some reason I couldn´t make it work, it tried to create its own directory structure from ID3-tag artist and songtitle info. Since many of my MP3´s miss this ID3 information it created to many directories. Thanks for your help.

Virtuosa Gold - Everything you need to burn CDs and DVDs, convert files, rip CDs, manage music collections, listen to music and more

MP3 WAV Converter - Basic file converter to make MP3 and WAV files.

Easy CD Ripper - Copy CD audio to MP3, WAV, WMA and more. Converts file types back and forth (WMA to MP3 etc.)

AltoMP3 Maker - File converter that rips CDs and converts between MP3 and WAV.

MP3 CD Burner - New features! Burn MP3, WAV, data to CD-R or DVD. Burn up to 1000 songs to a single DVD!

dBPowerAmp - File converter and player that has been a solid favorite for many years

CDDA Extractor - Rip CDs and encode them to MP3 or WAV format

Exact Audio Copy - Highly accurate CD ripper that can be used with an MP3 converter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back