mp3 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

XtR-X

I download mp3s frequently and I can't seem to solve a problem. My system doesn't want to play mp3s (notice the plural).

I was wondering if this was a patch by Microsoft trying to take an extra step. I can't play it in my P2P program and not even in shell open. My speakers and sound are all properly configured but mp3s cannot be played!

Any suggestions/comments welcome.

Did you install anything specific before it started happening? Sounds like a codec mixup to me too.

What kind of a codec mix up? I have the latest codecs.

And yes, it does everything but mp3s.

I've downloaded Winamp 3. Only plays in Winamp 3. Strange though. I've never had the problem before. I still can't get it to play in my program.

Nope. They don't play in Windows Media Player. Again, I have all the latest patches by Microsoft.

Also, they can play in everything just about now but all of them stop at the 13 seconds mark... just about. In Winamp3, it doesn't stop, but plays this weird noise every time...

you have to reinstall it

whether it's media player or whatever, it's corrupted..........and, when you re-install...........it will work........until the next time you corrupt it.......then it's same song, second verse

Ive reinstalled and uninstalled a bunch of codecs, including Nimo's and K-Lite's. I've never had problems with the K-lite codec pack before. When switching and removing and adding codecs, it got worse sometimes.

This is, by far, one of the hardest problems I have ever had.

No music-----NO LIFE....! Help.

yes, but x

you have to get into the registry and root out ......everything..............no conflicts, no corruption, save' ese?

Restore is out of the question for me. I put 0% disk usage for performance. I don't think it was working before.

Do you guys know of anything that may solve the problem or some places for reg editing?

EDIT
Actually, I was googling for about an hour and came accross some kind of a forum, not very organized though, and I've discovered it's some kind of new copy protection.

Then I realize, I'm trying to download new songs from newly released albums, such as Thrice (July 03), and others.

I try songs from older albums and it's perfectly fine. I try to play the new ones and they mess up as usuall.

I believe that the RIAA has found a new way to tremendously cut back on mp3 file sharing and downloading. Now they can focus on the rippers and target them, IMO. They're knocking out the crowd of stupid Americans who don't even know how to write an e-mail (etc.)-- from downloading music. What I'm trying to say is that they are getting rid of the computer *****s who only know how to use kazaa or something. (No offense here).

Clear the crowd and get the suppliers.

If I find any more info on this I'll be sure to post it in the "Got News?" forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back