MP3 player help: freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some help with my player, its a RCA TH1100A. The thing is when I turn it on it freezes up on the loading screen, when I plug the USB cord into my computer it says that the drive cant be opened or something like that...

It's really irritating so urgent assistance will be appreciated.

Sounds like some sort of corruption/malfunction with your MP3 player. Try looking through the manual or online for information on how to reset it to factory default. Might lose your tunes but if it doesn't even work then there isn't much loss...

No luck figuring out how to reset it, or no luck after resetting it?

After you plug the device in look in My Computer. If you see it there, try right clicking on it and selecting Format. This will clear the drive...

If you've reset it and it's still not booting properly you'll likely best off contacting the manufacturer for a repair, and if it's not under warranty you might just be better off replacing it all together.

*Edit*

You can always try updating the firmware as well. http://support.rcaaudiovideo.com/downloads.aspx?product=25

Hmm, currently trying your link; I will edit this post when with results.

The idea's seem like they should work but for some reason they don't, with the formating the file when I right click on it it says that nothing is inside the drive; While for the link program it works and I wait for it to complete, but when it does and I pull my MP3 player out and turn it on it still freezes up..

But maybe your right, I'll probably just end up replacing it, if it cant be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back