Mplayer and Firefox integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

confused001

Hello,
I'm wondering if you can somehow integrate firefox and Mplayer on a windows machine.
I want to play movies, but i don't want to download another player.
Thanks in advanced.

The link to simpleMplayer doesn't work.
Is there another plugin for firefox?
I just want to play quicktime movies.
Thanks for any info.

The MPlayer link does work.

Why don't you look at the extentions/plugins page for firefox.

Quicktime Alternative

Well, at least for my browser it doesn't work.
can you be more specific on what i'm supposed to search for.
I don't really want to download quicktime.

No.
I'm not going to spell out everything for you. If you don't know what someone is talking about when they give you an answer you should do a bit of quick research on it, rather than expecting them to spoonfeed you.

Firefox has a huge extentions section, and google will give you links telling you what quicktime alternative is. You are apparently too lazy to google and not intuitive enough to get an idea about it from its name.

There are no current add-ons that will do that. Anyway why would you want to play video in Firefox? It is not intended for that. Even if there was a plug-in that could play videos in Firefox it would be third party software which wuld use the frame of "Firefox" as yo know it to play video making it pointless because you may as well download another player.
AND... you can play video in Media Player that comes with windows or if you have iTunes then you can play video through that with Quicktime.

This Page is an example of why you'd want movies to play in Firefox. Any of the major browsers will handle that with the right plugin/extention.

Sorry SNGX1275, but i was a little busy at that time.
I've google it.
I did find a quicktime alternative, by the name Quicktime Alternative.
Though, to me that doesn't really help.
Thanks anyway.

Yah, I solved mine, by downloading an extension called unplug.
But my question is, can your mplayer play flash files?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back