TechSpot

Mr Fix It

By Trill
Aug 14, 2005
  1. I"M a telecommunications Engineer who just luv Pc Stuff...Plain spoken and very direct...no BS...
    I'm currently experiencing a probelm with one oh my pc's....
    Don’t know how to post request for help and I’m desperate so I sent this e-mail direct..hope I haven’t broken the rules I just I signed up to get help

My probelm started when i attempted a windows repair and as the pc rebooted from copying files it just hanged... I went so far as to try a brand new hardrive ,format it and commenced the os installation. when it restarts it hands at the same spot where it displays the XP startup logo..i put the drive in my next pc it worked fine...I checked my memory modules(ddr) in the next pc ..all worked and tested good...i still tried a brand new stick of 512 memory..and the same trouble...I resetted the bios as a last resort and restarted my troubleshooting doing much of wat i did before ...reformatting and reinstalling from fresh and that dam pc hangs the same place....pls pls pls can anyone assist me with this pc.....the motherboard is a ASUS P4C 800-E

2. tom_pearson

tom_pearson TS Rookie Posts: 103

try unplugging and un-installing all extra hardware, like sound cards, printers, network cards etc.... make the pc totally bare bones. sounds like a driver conflict of some kind. or it could be your CPU

3. Trill

Trill TS Rookie Topic Starter

Removed all devices and tested pc as barebone...changed CPU as well... I am now convinced the trouble is on the motherboard... Thnaks for d assistance...Anyone think of sumtin I haven't try do let me no...

4. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

You probably have a dirty/scratched Windows-CD.
    Use some car-polish or Brasso copper-polish an a fine cloth, then clean the CD by STRICTLY moving that cloth in CIRCULAR motions. Don't press too hard!
    Rinse under the tap and dry with a lintfree cloth.
    Then try again.

5. Trill

Trill TS Rookie Topic Starter

Disc was changed a few times... thnks

6. tom_pearson

tom_pearson TS Rookie Posts: 103

in which case you're probably right about it being the mobo...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.