TechSpot

Mr.

By TJack
Jan 24, 2007
  1. Hello

Thank you for this opportunity to meet all who read this message. My reason for this contact is to seek help with a virus I recieved yesterday and am having no luck in removing with the tools and methods I am using. It is called I-worm Luder.A and my AVG is having no success in stopping its multiplying to all my .exe files. I have stored on this hard drive some ebooks and many research points I have been using over the last two years plus many personal items. I am looking for an way to clean out the virus without losing my data.
    Thanks TJack

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I`m pleased to meet you and hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Would you please take a few moments to read the following. It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

Thanks.

If you really have the I-worm Luder.A virus, it`s very very nasty and will in all probability have damaged your .exe files beyond repair. It is generally excepted that the best way to deal with this infection is to reformat and reinstall from scratch.

However, you may wish to try the following, though I make no guarantees that it will work.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into a new thread in our Security and the Web forum, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.