Mrx-500n Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nighthawk5556

I recently bought a DVD burner from a guy........a Memorex MRX-500N.........I took out my old CD burner which worked fine, but now my computer recognizes the burner is there, but won't let my original (CD-ROM drive D) or the new DVD burner even read CDs. On 'My Computer' it shows drive D, but with a CD in it still says 'insert disk'. My DVD Burner doesn't even show up on 'My Computer'......and of course discs don't read from it. My old CD burner was drive E. E no longer shows up. I didn't get any installation software with the new one. What do I do?

unsure what u mean by setting the jumpers. I have my original CD-Rom drive on the end connector of the strip, and the DVD burner on the next string. What is PATA and SATA?

Simply, Pata is the plain cable, with plenty of connectors. Sata is the round one.
I think you have a parallel-ata drive. Probably, you should set the jumpers on the drives to make them work.
Jumpers are that small connectors which plug two pins. usually they are next to the plain connector on the drive. The pins aresix or eight, and look like this :):::).
If you have two drives on the same cable, you probably have to set one to master and one to slave: you make this with the disposition of jumpers on the pins. There is a how-to set jumpers on the drive (look for text like ms, sl, cs on the drive's case), or on the drive instruction guide. You have to set the jumpers like shown, on one drive to "slave", and on the other on "master".

step03_300.gif
This image shows where pins are. That sortof metallic and plastic "bridge" between two pins is a jumper.

U the man. Got it readin, now just gotta get blank DVDs to test this bad boy. Thanks man. I'll b back with more stupid ?s........lol.

won't finish burnin'

just tried to burn an audio CD in Media player. Burnt the first 11 of 17 songs, then spit out the disc sayin 'check disc and/or burn settings'. Slowed down speed and it only burnt 2 songs. Now what?.............haven't even tried a DVD yet cuz I don't have any............

Hi nighthawk5556! I'm happy I managed to help you... :D
However, in order to burn a cd I prefer using nero: it's more stable and gets rarely errors. I don't know why you couldn't burn the songs, :eek: but i think it's a software, not an hardware problem...

Sure ur right

I can tell u know ur stuff, and I also thought the same thing about it being a software issue. I have installed Nero,.....and when I burnt the CDs I did so with Media Player. Nero seemed harder to lay out the playlist. I'm gonna get some blank DVDs and try Nero out on some data files............thanx buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back