MS ACCESS for Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have developed some of my softwares in Microsoft Access 97 and 2000, using the Windows 98 platform and now I am using Linux. I am unable to open any of my MDBs in Linux, can anyone tell me a solution for it.

A Prompt reply would be loved
Rizwan

There is no free software for Linux that could deal with MS Access databases.

You could use Windows emulation solutions like WINE or Crossover Office to run MS Access itself within Linux.

Any other way

Dear Nodsu
I am thankful 4 ur prompt reply but just want to know a way to convert the Access databases to be used in Linux, as I dont think i will be able to rewrite all the code and develop all databases again.
Please notify anything that can help me in this regard

Ahhh.. Convert Access to something else. Of course. You just have to think what you want as your target database.

There are commercial tools to convert from Access to almost anywhere. Just search the web.

A free way to convert Access to MySQL: http://www.webthang.co.uk/tuts/tuts_dbase/convert/convert.asp

You do realise that unlike Access, other databases are not all-in-one database+frontend?
If you have made forms and such in Access then you will have to remake those in any case.

Nodsu said:
There is no software for Linux that could deal with MS Access databases.

You could use Windows emulation solutions like WINE or Crossover Office to run MS Access itself within Linux.

Err, StarOffice 7......

There.. Fixed a bit to wriggle my way out of this utterly embarassing situation..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back