MS Access PERMISSION not recognized from Server End

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABAMOTO

Dear all:
This question is about giving right permission for users to access a folder, which contains a MS Access file database. In this case, without using MS Access to grant Read/Write rights, I can use Server OS to control user permissions of Read/Write.

However, it has happened a few times that suddenly some of us who have Administrator rights were only able to read the data but not able to alter; in other words, our permission rights have changed from Administrator to limited users. (Admin has both read and write, limited users only have read only).

I checked on the Server end, the permissions (for accessing that folder) are given correctly (assigned within Active Directory).

I was trying to figure out how it happened, and suddenly, I was able to view the database as Admin again.

There seems to be a glitch with my network across MS platform or something... sometimes either I cannot view the computers/shared folders on network, or sometimes I cannot access certain directories with right permissions.

Gladly this does not happen often (like once a month). But still, I would like to fix it. If anyone knows anything about it, please feel free to share your knowledge -)

Thank you~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back