Ms office starter 2010

I am running windows 7 on a hp touchsmart 600-1370, that I just acquired due to the passing of my aunt. I have restored the entire computer to default, out of the box settings. it was running fine for the past couple of weeks and then, from one day to the next, it no longer recognized the wifi connection. all other devices in the house were running wifi no problem, so it wasnt the router. the computer also prints via wifi with no issues, so im not understanding why it no longer locates the wifi connection. I connected it to an ethernet cable and its working again, but still puzzled as to why it lost connection.

this morning, my ms office starter 2010 opted not to find an internet connection even though I am directly connected to the router and am clearly on the internet. I attempted to repair office starter, but it continued to tell me there was no internet connection, when obviously there is. I attempted to uninstall the program, which went swimmingly and now I can not re-install it, as it tells me there is still not internet connection (I am on the internet as I am writing this). the office starter was a factory install that came with the computer originallly. I downloaded an older version of office 2003 via cd with no problems, but would much rather have starter 2010 back, as I need the pdf capability and 2003 does not have it.

is there a remedy to this? do I need to reset the entire computer again to fix these issues? ugh....and no, I can not afford an upgraded computer at this time. I need to make this one work for now.

thanx for your help and input

UNINSTALL 2010 and Install Openoffice Suite instead - - you get a free copy that's fully functional too.

Minisport, If the Office starter program is still available, you could download the installer file onto a different pc, then copy that onto a flash drive, then plug the flashdrive into the HP pc and copy the installer over to the 'C' drive, then install it from there.
That would get Office starter 2010 back onto the HP pc.
The program may need the internet connection to register the program with MS, as it was a trial version of Word and Excel, the idea being that you would buy the full version at some point.
The problem with the flaky connection to the internet might then be fixed, but that could have been an unconnected issue anyway.
* If the .pdf editing is important, there are other programs that will do similar functions (although not tested by me) such as;
https://www.foxitsoftware.com/products/pdf-reader/
But there are several others available, some are downloads as 'client' programs, and others are online pdf editors.
**Even if you have no luck with MS Office as your .pdf editor, this one might be useful;
http://filehippo.com/download_openpdf/

Last edited:
Back