MS Outlook 2003 not responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

kapsi

Friends,

My MS Outlook will load, check e-mail BUT when I want to reply or forward or even Compose new e-mails it will stop responding, hang-up and then I can't do anything in Outlook. however my machine functions NORMAL and I can access any other application EVEN other tools from MS Office.

I searched the internet and even search for the file "outlook.cmd" or something like that.
I did a complete virus scan on my PC.
I tried to re-install MS office and ran the Repair function - But to no use.
Deleted mails which I thought were creating the problem.

But nothing seems to help - Please does anyone have any idea? To be safe I took a backup of the Outlook.pst file

Would it be advisable to Un-install MS office completely and Re-install or does the problem lie somewhere else.

Please ADVISE! Thank you!

Update: I just noticed that Outlook ADDS itself to the Quick Launch bar everytime I re-start the computer. This even if I delete the Shortcut.

Forget about Outlook or Outlook Express.
Install Mozilla's Thunderbird. It should be able to import all your Outlook Data.
Use T'bird in future.

I realise this does not solve your problem, but for security's sake you should NOT use either IE (Firefox instead) or OE (T'bird instead).

It sounds like your email text editor might be messed up. I know I use M$ Word, and it always creates a task called winword.exe when sending an email for the first time. It could be hanging on something like this. Try rinstalling M$ Word as well.

That's what I would suggest - take a look at MS Word. Do you have any delays or problems launching Word? Any popups about macros or anything? Maybe even change your default mail composer to the default from Word or vice versa if it's not set so under Mail Format.

MS Outlook 2003 not responding

Hello to all...

Kapsi.... i' writing to you to ask if you correct the problem..

i have exactly the same situation..

Please let me know..

Thank you.

HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back