TechSpot

MS Word: problem with insert -- index and tables

By ToddRoyer
Mar 10, 2005
  1. I've made a collection of news articles in a word document, which I organized by placing headings between the articles. These headings are formated > Style > then selected as Headings1. The news article Titles are all formated > Style > Headings2. When I add new articles I delete the previous Index and then insert a new index. Last week however, I opened the options box (while I was inserting a new index) and made a change to the index setting. I don't know what I did and I've tried to reset it, but every time I now attempt to reindex the collection of articles, I get an: "Error! No table of contents entries found." message. Can anyone tell me how to correct this so I can once again index this collection of articles. Note: I've checked the Headings within the collection of articles, both 1 & 2, and they are still active throuout the collection. Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.