MSi GS70 CPU Overheating

By Unforgiven93
Nov 29, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hey guys,

I just bought an MSi GS70 about a week ago, and I noticed that while playing any graphically intensive game, like Battlefield 3, the CPU gets very hot.

I showed a max temperature of 95 degrees Celsius while playing BF3. Is this temperature cause for concern? I'm thinking about sending it back for a replacement because I have read that some of these computers are shipped with a bad thermal pasting job, which could be causing the problems to some extent.

So basically what I want to know is, do you think I should send it back for a replacement, or just get a cooling pad for use 90% of the time that I am gaming and hope that it doesn't end up ruining something on the inside?

I knew it would run hot, but I wasn't expecting it to be this hot.

Thank you
  2. fimbles

fimbles TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,231   +119

After a little research your temps seem to be what is considered normal for that laptop, and within intel specs.

I would not worry unless you have overheating/ shut down issues.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.