1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

MSI GS70 gaming laptop boasts touchscreen trackpad, thin aluminum design

By Rick ยท 5 replies
Jun 4, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. MSI showed off at Computex today what could be the future of its gaming laptop line-up: an all-aluminum 0.85-inch thick laptop packed with high-performance hardware. Dubbed the GS70 Stealth, the 17.3-inch gaming laptop features an ostensibly premium-quality design and a...

Read more

2. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar Elite Techno Geek Posts: 6,498   +971

Now that is a laptop. 17.3 inch display for $1700, beat that Razer.

3. theBest11778

theBest11778 TS Addict Posts: 275   +103

I like the fact that some companies are trying something new, but the GTX 765M doesn't have the horsepower for a $1700 laptop. I just finished Metro Lastlight, and with my GTX 680 (Desktop version,) was stressed out at 1080p. Considering the GTX 765M is about 60% slower it'd be impossible to run today's games at 1080p. Granted it's a laptop, so you have to cut it some slack, but at $1700, you have to run every modern game at 1080p 45 FPS minimum with Medium-High details. Maybe that's just me.

4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 7,164   +2,385

For that price I'd rather lug about my desktop computer (desk included). Not to mention the exercise I'd get. Spending $1700 on a laptop is not good for my health (or my bank managers).

misor likes this.
  5. misor

misor TS Evangelist Posts: 1,202   +214

you made my day, brother!

6. dotVezz

dotVezz TS Booster Posts: 112

Well, I was considering the Razer Blade, but not anymore...