MSI GS70 gaming laptop boasts touchscreen trackpad, thin aluminum design

By Rick
Jun 4, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. MSI showed off at Computex today what could be the future of its gaming laptop line-up: an all-aluminum 0.85-inch thick laptop packed with high-performance hardware. Dubbed the GS70 Stealth, the 17.3-inch gaming laptop features an ostensibly premium-quality design and a...

Read more
  2. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,670   +868

Now that is a laptop. 17.3 inch display for $1700, beat that Razer.
  3. theBest11778

theBest11778 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 149   +32

I like the fact that some companies are trying something new, but the GTX 765M doesn't have the horsepower for a $1700 laptop. I just finished Metro Lastlight, and with my GTX 680 (Desktop version,) was stressed out at 1080p. Considering the GTX 765M is about 60% slower it'd be impossible to run today's games at 1080p. Granted it's a laptop, so you have to cut it some slack, but at $1700, you have to run every modern game at 1080p 45 FPS minimum with Medium-High details. Maybe that's just me.
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,781   +700

For that price I'd rather lug about my desktop computer (desk included). Not to mention the exercise I'd get. Spending $1700 on a laptop is not good for my health (or my bank managers).
    misor likes this.
  5. misor

misor TechSpot Addict Posts: 963   +147

you made my day, brother!
  6. dotVezz

dotVezz TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 117

Well, I was considering the Razer Blade, but not anymore...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.