MSI gx620-001 vs GTA IV

i have an old gaming laptop, that has the following:

nvidia 9600m gt ddr3
intel centrino 2 duo p8400 2.26(overclockable to 2.53)
320gb of hardrive running at 7200 RPM
1200x800 res
4GB of RAM(DDR2)

and im getting 20 fps in totally low settings in GTAIV, the first sad thing is that the game looks so bad, that it takes the joy of playing. Second it looks bad, and it feels bad.I use gamebooster or tuneup turbo to help, but no luck. I disabled and enabled physx to see if I could get a bump in fps, not so much.

if i must upgrade components, can i get good and possbile suggestions, because i cant just stick a nvidia 480gtx sli to this poor laptop :p

you can try to overclock the 9600M GT via MSI afterburner. also avoid any commandline.txt, and use 'auto-configure' settings, then slowly reduce things like turning off vsync and shadows.

i put everything on lowest, i also overclocked my 9600m to a 9700m gt, but i still get this low fps, any chance episodes from liberty city will get graphic tweaks like gta iv got?

like hellokitty said, GTA IV and EFLC is just stupid. it may be ridiculous at first, but in my computer, anistropic X2 will give LESS fps than anistropic X16. same goes to few other settings. you decide.

btw some people notice EFLC runs better/worse in their computers. for me it's around the same, but they fixed the flickering shadow for sure.

Back