MSI R7 260X, oppinions?

ace2001

I am building a PC.So I am currently picking out the GPU. Iwas thinking of MSI R7 260X. I want to know what do you guys think about it and even if there is a better card please let me know(if you want to say GTX 650 Ti Boost is better, it is, but it is impossible to find).
Thanks in advance. :)

In terms of performance, between the 2 they are both about equal. It would all depend on your budget because you might be able to get a slightly better one possibly for your price range. If you can squeeze the money together, try to get a R7 265 since its got a 150 buck price tag and will have the highest performance at that area (Of course thats assuming you have 150 to spend on the GPU).

Like I said the amount of money you have to spend might help us give you the best solution for your build.

I could try to find R7 265. If I want to get a R7 265 what version to get(MSI,SAPPHIRE,GIGABYTE,ASUS...?)
Thanks. ;)

I could try to find R7 265. If I want to get a R7 265 what version to get(MSI,SAPPHIRE,GIGABYTE,ASUS...?)
Thanks. ;)
Umm going to just depend on the clock speed mostly. I generally like either PowerColor, MSI, Gigabyte, or Asus depending on the clocks and the cooler attached.

Also regarding the 650 Ti BOOST being impossible to find, I have one currently and was considering SLI and can't find single one anywhere here in the UK, I bought the first one back in October of 2013 I'm very surprised they all dissipated so quickly. Anyway as it turns out for me it would be better to just get a 770. Strange.

Also regarding the 650 Ti BOOST being impossible to find, I have one currently and was considering SLI and can't find single one anywhere here in the UK, I bought the first one back in October of 2013 I'm very surprised they all dissipated so quickly. Anyway as it turns out for me it would be better to just get a 770. Strange.
I would just wait till the 800 series comes out. No need to upgrade from a 650Ti to a 770 if you arent in a rush. Yes it will provide performance increases, but I would just wait till the next iteration due in a few months.

Sorry to hijack the thread xD but yes JC I am in no rush and will see how much of a performance increase the 800 series will bring and also to see how low it drives the price of the 700 series cards. But atm it looks like for the 800 whatever card at the same price point will be much better for me.

Sorry to hijack the thread xD but yes JC I am in no rush and will see how much of a performance increase the 800 series will bring and also to see how low it drives the price of the 700 series cards. But atm it looks like for the 800 whatever card at the same price point will be much better for me.
Alright sounds good. Sorry OP for the temporary thread hijack.

Back