MSI Sata and IDE

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello gang long time reader first time typer:

Im in th emiddle of building a system, as usual everything going great, the smell of new parts and new cases things are exciting.

My dilimma is this.

im using a MSI 661FM3-L board.

I have a 120 GB Maxtor HD (not SATA)

When i go to boot up its looking for a SATA drive, now from what i know i have the option of using either SATA or IDE on this board, but i cannot find in the BIOS where to disable the SATA portion and let it go to my IDE, it does recognize my HD and my CD ROM but i cant get pass this nightmare.

i know its somewhere in BIOS under "Integrated Peripherals" its there i just cant seem to get it.

i want to boot to my IDE 1 (HD) and IDE 2 (CD) but it keeps looking for the SATA Drive and i just dont have a SATA drive.

i even went as far as setting my CD ROM as the master boot and tried to get windows up, but of course if its looking for a SATA HD when im not using one i wont get there.

this is the 5th machine i have built but 1st time i found this problem.

any help is appreciated. :bounce:

TommyO

hmmmm no one has any ideas? i guess i ll have to call Tech on Monday, always like talking to tech services LMAO puke:

Exactly where are you in the process? Have you already installed the motherboard drivers, in particular the IDE controller drivers? Is Windows installed yet?

Under Integrated Peripherals you'll find Onboard PCI Controller. Here you can disable the SATA-IDE Controller.

IronDuke said:
Under Integrated Peripherals you'll find Onboard PCI Controller. Here you can disable the SATA-IDE Controller.

that did it, MSI sure doesnt offer much in the BIOS area, its labeled something else now, thank you that seemed to work.

Now another problem has arisen, the comp boots up fine, but when hes playing a game Warcraft III , internmentently its reboots the machine. I tried to adjust some settings on the card its self but doesnt seem to work, i looked in the BIOS to see if there is a jumper on theboard or somehere in BIOS to disable the on board video but no luck there.

he has a GeForce XFX6600 256mb

any other ideas?

thanks for all the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back