TechSpot

MSI X-Slim X340 giveaway for members who post something for sale or trade

By Julio Franco
Aug 5, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. To kick things off to a great start on our debuting Tech Exchange forum, we are giving away a MSI X-Slim X340 laptop !!

All you have to do is participate in this forum by posting any tech item for sale or trade. We will close the giveaway and select from those who posted a month from now (September 5, 2010). As usual in our giveaways, there are no geographic restrictions.

Remember that only a portion of TechSpot members are allowed to post on The Tech Exchange as defined in the forum regulations and most importantly as a protection to you.

Here's a picture and brief description of the X-Slim X340, taken from our own review (the giveaway item is the review unit):

[​IMG]

2. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +99

Are UK members included in this offer as well? :D

If we are, I better find something to sell! ;)

3. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Topic Starter Posts: 6,590   +351

Nope, no geo restrictions.
    Thanks for the note, I updated the original post.

4. Leeky

Techspot is soooooo awesome. :D

ETF Soldier likes this.
  5. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,266   +42

This is cool, i have so much crap I want to get rid of. Well not crap, just computer hardware that i no longer use=crap.

6. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

I'm totally psyched about this section, because I'm really getting tired of ebay.

7. Leeky

Me too. :) I've got some nice items (inc a mint NZXT Beta case!)in the loft as well, just can't put them on yet as can't climb the ladder to get them out! haha.

Need to wait for a friend to come around and get them for me. :)

8. JMMD

JMMD TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,177

Cool contest idea, I'm sure I have some stuff laying around.

9. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,941   +725

We should start a pool on the the number of times the phrase "never overclocked" comes up on this section ;)

Glad you instituted the 60 post minimum, should stop the " hey, I know you only want to sell locally, but could you sell me the 65" plasma and how much would shipping cost cos newegg wont ship to Mozambique. awesum" requests

10. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

well, "never overclocked" is actually quite important... so it's likely to show up very often--esp. w/ video cards in particular.

as long as this section doesn't get too cluttered with prehistoric tech, then it will be a great alternative to the usual sale spots and offers member-to-member transactions; i'm all for that. any excuse to not use ebay to sell computer stuff gets the thumbs up from me. private sales > *

anyone for implementing a user "trader rating" system or stat?

11. Richy2k9

Richy2k9 TS Enthusiast Posts: 515

hello ...

hummm nice idea, will try find something for sale ...

cheers!

12. elroacho72

elroacho72 TS Rookie Posts: 124

Lets hope it turns into some cash! Thanks TS

13. Julio Franco

Great to have more participants, hopefully it will lead to successful exchanges and opportunities to meet with fellow community members.

14. elroacho72

elroacho72 TS Rookie Posts: 124

Thanks for starting this Julio,I have made several posts we will see what happens but a big fan of TS.

15. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,708   +62

To bad my old 6200 pci card got fried but my little brothers video swapping or I would gladly give it away for free. Iv known the pain of using an ancient computer this is a great idea. I'll have to look through my old stuff and see if theirs anything worth selling. I can't lie I want that laptop :), it would be great for college. Caution will probably need to be emphasized more in the future.

Hmm putting up a free 512 ddr ram stick would probably be frowned upon lol.

16. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,266   +42

Julio, I have to ask. Is it one trade(for the giveaway) per entry. Or if a person puts multiple items for sale they get one entry equal to total items put up.

17. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,909   +91

Julio, are we to simply to add 'spoken for, or sold or whatever to the end of the thread?

18. Julio Franco

@super, we didn't rule that before, but it's not too late. I will triple your choices if you post up to three items, a 4th or 5th item won't increase your chances anymore.

@red, please reply to the thread and the thread will be closed by our mods or myself.

19. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,087   +84 Staff Member

The giveaway has been closed and a winner has been (randomly) selected. :) Congrats Leeky.

Thanks to everyone who participated and stick around for upcoming contests. Facebook users still have a day or so to enter a drawing for an Acer Aspire One. Details on that here.

20. Leeky

How lucky am I! :D

I'd just like to say thanks to the entire team at Techspot, and everyone that makes these prize giveaways possible, you've truly made my day, week and month (and even year!). :)

P.S. I'm off to get a lottery ticket in a min, clearly my lucks in today! :haha:

21. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,647   +323

Congrads Leeky. What are you going to do with it?

22. Leeky

Use it! :D

I've actually wanted one for a while now, but been unable to afford it due to the fact I'm unable to work as recovering from a real bad back injury. I've been unable to work for over a year now. My rather promising career was wipped out as well, as I'm no longer able to cope with the physical aspect of that job anymore.

I've no doubt it will come in really, really handy for my degree studying! :D A laptop is so much easier to study with, as your not restricted to one place all the time.

I still can't believe I won it, I mean I obviously entered, but I've not won a thing I've entered a competition for in all my life.

23. lpmjames

lpmjames TS Rookie Posts: 155

congrats man..
    dang

24. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,129

Congrats Leeky, I'm sure you will enjoy your new MSI X-Slim X340

25. Julio Franco

Congrats Leeky, hope you enjoy the laptop :).

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.