msinfo32 = blank window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how long this may have been this way. My comp started giving a drwatson postmortem error when trying to delete or move files. I interrogated my son and found out he installed a "free" screensaver the other day. I checked it out and it installed ALOT of other crap. I did everything and got rid of it (screensaver and crap) and the drwatson error I believe. While reading some posts on how to remove crap I read about start>run>msinfo32. I tried that and it opens the system info window but it opens with a little icon in the corner like pictures on websites do before the picture actually loads.(if that makes any sence) after a second or two the entire window goes blank. No tabs, no anything, just blank white. I've googled it and come up with nothing. After removing all the crap it still opens system info window blank. If anyone knows of a fix or link to a fix I would greatly appreciate any help on this.

my os
Win XP sp2

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I can`t see anything in your HJT log that is untoward.

Maybe doing a Windows repair as per this thread HERE will help.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thats gonna be a problem

My comp which is a laptop didn't even come with a restore CD much less an XP cd and being a dumba** and short sighted in these matters I never made a boot CD any other suggestions?

BTW thanks for such a quick response

hazylizard said:
My comp which is a laptop didn't even come with a restore CD much less an XP cd and being a dumba** and short sighted in these matters I never made a boot CD any other suggestions?

BTW thanks for such a quick response

Does your laptop have a restore partition?

If it doesn`t, I`m afraid I can`t suggest anything else, short of buying a Windows XP disk.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back