msn connection help

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do not have to put anything in there. If you really needed to use a proxy, then Messenger would grab that setting from IE (IE does work for you, right?).

yes IE works for me. im just trying to work out whats blocking things.

main problems are

1.cant use the windows update
2.msn
3.i usually cannot get on secure sites (paying for stuff etc)

im sure when i find the problem everything will be fine.

maybe your security settings are too high? or if you're running norton firewall try disableing that and maybe other apps as well... i know that if i run azereus (rarely now) msn wont connect and it sucks up all my bandwidth (accursed dailup)

are you using msn 7 and above? there should be a connection troubleshooter somewhere in it that will help fix or tell you whats wrong...

ive tried sooo much over the past year.

the only hint im getting is when i had no router, there was no problems. since having the router for the past year ive never been able to use msn or get on some secure sites and windows update. i had to create a ebay account on somebody elses computer, the same also with paypal. it says page is loading for about 5 minutes and then says page not responding, its been like that for year now.

i just went on IE and checked the internet security and its set to low.

First thing to check when having SSL problems - is your computer date/time correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back