Msn error

Status
Not open for further replies.

transviruses

i tried install msn 8.0 and somehow it wont let me sign in... so i decided to uninstall it. but after that my msn 7.5 doesnt work any more soo i tried to reinstall 7.5 again but it just wont work. every time i triy to open 7.5 this error pops up:
my.php

that i tried.. i ddint work everytime i try it, it takes about 30 secs to login(all u see is the loging in scrren blue) then just says windows restore did not complete or soemthing simular to that. and i cant unisntall it because is says cannot find the installation file or something... :confused:

I`m sorry that didn`t work.

I`ve Googled your problem, but can`t seem to find a solution. Although it does seem to be a common problem.

Maybe some of our other members will be able to help.

Regards Howard :)

ok... as far as I know, a legitimate version of msn 8 "should be called W_L_M_<version#>.exe and won't allow you to sign in unless you have a valid Windows Live beta tester subscription, mail me at bjgranquist@hotmail.com (mods don't worry about this mail accnt. it's old and obsolete and I don't mind any spam) I'll mail you an invitation and the link to the legitimate installation file

also, the bootlegged version of msn messenger 8 that was leaked later last year (2005) needs a proxy program running at all times to work called "msnp13downgrader", I believe, this proxy makes the program use msn 7.5's server rather than the new windows live servers, which signifies of course, that the new features will not work in this bootlegged version...

If this doesn't help, I'd say just delete the C:\...\Msn Messenger folder altogether, clean the registry with CCleaner and start anew.. also before you do any of this, run a virus scan

you could also try maybe, downloading msidcrl40.dll and placing it back into your C:\...\MSN Messenger folder..

this is a big problem i have on msn that might be the same issue with you. have you checked your time and date are correct because it will not sign on if those arnt correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back